Achona

• Prom April 20
  • Senior Mother-Daughter Luncheon April 12
  • Earth Day April 22
Keri Kelly

Keri Kelly, Editor-in-Chief

Keri Kelly is one of the four Editor in Chiefs of the ACHONA. This will be Kelly's second year on staff and she is excited to make ACHONA better than ever. In her free time, Keri likes to write poetry, try new and exotic foods, and go to farmers markets such as the Indie Flea. Her favorite after school activity, when she is not rowing on the Academy crew team, is to go to Buddy Brew and enjoy avocado toast and an iced vanilla latte. Keri likes to read ClickHole and also attend the monthly book club at Oxford Exchange. In the future, Keri hopes to be a journalist.

All content by Keri Kelly
Senior Tess Jakubiec says, The cross-bay ferry seems intriguing, but I dont know if I would want to dedicate time to being on the water when I could just drive there quickly.

How to: Take the Cross-Bay Ferry

Keri Kelly, Editor-in-Chief
March 23, 2017
Manning Manning v. The  School Board of  Hillsborough County Florida was a court case filed by parents of African American children in 1958 who claimed the Hillsborough County segregated school systems were a violation of the Fourteenth Amendment. The district adopted a plan for desegregation in 1971, and in 2001, it was decided that the school systems were up to federal standards.

Academy Celebrates Black History Month

Keri Kelly, Editor-in-Chief
February 27, 2017
(Photo Credit: Keri Kelly/ ACHONA Online) Curtis Hixon offers scenic views of the Hillsborough river. Bring a bike and traverse the Riverwalk all the way from Channelside to Ulele.

How To Have a Free Weekend

Keri Kelly, Editor-in-Chief
November 15, 2016
Photo Credit: Keri Kelly / ACHONA Online 
So far this year, the senior class has sent 900 applications to 164 different schools.

Would You Rather: College Edition

Keri Kelly, Editor-in-Chief
November 5, 2016

The storm has already grazed over the Bahamas, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, and Cuba, but has directly hit Haiti, devastating them again, just as they emerge from the crippling effects of the earthquake six years ago. Over 200 people have died, with more still missing. One room homes with tin roofs are common in Haiti and these are extremely vulnerable to wind damage, and with no provisions to prevent flooding entire towns were leveled.

Hurricane Matthew Approaches Florida

Keri Kelly, Editor-in-Chief
October 6, 2016
Senior Victoria Baldors hands look minuscule compared to Senior volleyball player Lexi Diezs.

The Struggle of Having Tiny Hands (VIDEO)

Keri Kelly, Editor-in-Chief
September 13, 2016
(Photo Credit: Keri Kelly/Achona Online) Sage is actually on the lower end of the cost spectrum compared to the other two tenders sampled. A three piece chicken tender meal (including drink & sauce) at PDQ is $7.29. The same at Chick-fil-a is $6.25. The same at Sage is $5.20.

Is Sage’s Food Worth the Cost?

Keri Kelly, Junior Staff Writer
May 31, 2016
Seniors Lily Oliva (left), Megan Bajo, Carolina Oliva, and Kelsea Henry clink their cups in celebration of a successful senior year.

Seniors Reminisce at Silver Coffee

Keri Kelly, Junior Staff Writer
May 23, 2016
(Credit: Keri Kelly/ACHONA Online) The artwork at Arts Fest this year was arranged in order of increasing experience, beginning with the pieces of discovery level students in Art-2D on the fourth floor and descending to the twelve piece concentrations of mastery level students in AP Studio in the foyer.

Arts Fest ~Draws~ a Massive Crowd

Keri Kelly, Junior Staff Writer
April 24, 2016
(Credit: Keri Kelly/ACHONA Online) Senior Natalie Cevallos entered AP Studio with no prior experience in painting, and decided to challenge herself by picking to portray human forms in her concentration.

AP Studio Artists Reveal Their Inspiration

Keri Kelly, Junior Staff Writer
April 14, 2016
(Credit: Keri Kelly/Achona Online)

Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader? [QUIZ]

Keri Kelly, Junior Staff Writer
February 29, 2016
(Credit: Keri Kelly/Achona Online)
French club President Jade Muerer reflects, French was totally new and different. That’s what initially attracted me. I eventually came to realize how important French was to the rest of the world.

Students Bid Adieu to French Class

Keri Kelly, Junior Staff Writer
January 27, 2016
This stretch, called runners lunge, will relieve tight hamstrings.

How To: Have a Successful Workout

Keri Kelly, Junior Staff Writer
December 3, 2015
The Holiday Roast makes a good present for people of any age who loves a good cup of coffee.

[Photo] ACHONA’s Gift Ideas

Karlee Nipper, Feature's Editor
December 9, 2015
Photo Credit: Keri Kelly
Ms. Mikos keeps a humorous cartoon animal book in her desk called 
~Tiny Confessions: the Secret Thoughts of Dogs, Cats, and Everything Else~
This page reads I unplugged the cable so you would take me to the park under the cartoon dog. Under the cat: I could literally spend an entire day just pushing you phone off a table

What is in a teacher’s desk?

Keri Kelly, Junior Staff Writer
November 2, 2015
Photo credit: Keri Kelly
For her Academy of the Holy Names interview, Sister Lisa got to Skype Mrs. Johanna!

[Video] Sister Lisa Draws Her Life

Keri Kelly, Junior Staff Writer
October 8, 2015
“I love sweatshirts/sweaters because there is a type for every occasion and they look great while feeling comfortable and cozy at the same time.”- Jeanine Ramirez

[Photo] ACHONA’s Fall Favorites

Karlee Nipper, Features Editor
September 18, 2015
Load More Stories
Activate Search
Keri Kelly