Achona

• Prom April 20
  • Senior Mother-Daughter Luncheon April 12
  • Earth Day April 22
Callie Mellon

Callie Mellon, Sophomore Staff Writer

Catherine “Callie” Mellon is a sophomore and first year staff writer. Her full name is Catherine Lillian Hendry Mellon, so the nickname “Callie” comes from Catherine Lillian.  She also is in Student Council and has been riding horses for six years; although, she is taking a break right now to be on the swim team. Mellon is “excited to be on the smoothie committee this year, and also to find out about what hospitality is and about,” this year. The Academy student is passionate about both Mathematics and English class. When asked why she likes polar opposite subjects, Mellon replied, “When you figure out a problem it’s like solving a puzzle, and English is interesting to learn about how the English language developed.” In her free time, Mellon enjoys paddle boarding, fishing, and swimming with her dogs. Excitedly, Mellon explains that swimming with her dogs is so fun “because they look like dolphins.” She also tells “I got these creme brulee cups for my birthday. It makes it so much easier, and I got a flame torch. It’s amazing. I really go all out.” Mellon hopes to attend USC in Los Angeles California, and hopes to some day work for an internet company; such as Google. “It looks so fun because you can ride the bikes around.” Mellon has very unique hair that people think she highlights, but she has never, and describes her hair to be “like a rainbow”. Mellon loves Urban Outfitters, and “definitely Oxford Exchange, even though it is loud in there and hard to talk”, and Hyde Park.

All content by Callie Mellon
The Senior Farewell was an emotional event for the Seniors, especially when they saw videos from their underclassmen friends. Photo Credit: Callie Mellon/ Achona Online

Academy Says Farewell to the Class of 2018

Callie Mellon, Sophomore Staff Writer
May 25, 2018
Katelyn Chau (20) created a poster to go along with this years pool party theme, space. Photo Credit: Gretchen Swenson/ Achona Online

Class of 2018 Running of the Halls

Callie Mellon, Sophomore Staff Writer
May 15, 2018
Try to avoid the sun during the middle of the day; it is strongest during that time. Photo Credit: Callie Mellon/ Achona Online

How to Survive a Severe Sunburn

Callie Mellon, Sophomore Staff Writer
April 13, 2018
Mei Lamison (20) says, My favorite college was Boston University because I really liked the location of the school, an urban environment, which is something I really value. Photo Credit: Mei Lamison/ Achona Online

College Trips During Mini Course

Callie Mellon, Sophomore Staff Writer
March 23, 2018
At Goody Goody, a grilled cheese and milkshake is only ten dollars. Photo Credit: Callie Mellon/ Achona Online

How to Budget in South Tampa

Callie Mellon, Sophomore Staff Writer
March 8, 2018
Diets higher in protein and lower in processed grains will result in more energy for a dog, but Audrey Diazs (18) dog, Remi, enjoys a Sprinkles cupcake on occasion. Photo Credit: Audrey Diaz/ Achona Online

Unique Dog Diets of AHN

Callie Mellon, Sophomore Staff Writer
February 26, 2018
In Louisiana, it is illegal to ride on a parade float without a mask. Photo Credit: Callie Mellon/ Achona Online

New Orleans Celebrates Mardi Gras

Callie Mellon, Sophomore Staff Writer
February 20, 2018
Posters with information about the concert can be found everywhere on campus. Photo Credit: Callie Mellon/ Achona Online

Zander Family Concert Preview

Callie Mellon, Sophomore Staff Writer
February 9, 2018
Always burn a Christmas tree outside and not in a fireplace because it is very dangerous.

What to Do with Leftover Christmas Decorations

Callie Mellon, Sophomore Staff Writer
January 26, 2018
At the end of the free concert fireworks were set off to celebrate the start of NHL All-Star Weekend. Photo Credit: Callie Mellon/ Achona Online

Gasparilla Alternatives

Callie Mellon, Sophomore Staff Writer
January 26, 2018
Tress Jacobs (‘20) says, “I like speech and debate because of how important it makes you feel when everyone is dressed in their formal attire the day of the competition.”
Photo Credit: Isabella Salgado (used with permission)

Speech and Debate Club Competes at

Callie Mellon, Sophomore Staff Writer
December 12, 2017
The idea of daylight savings time was first conceived by Benjamin Franklin. Photo Credit: Callie Mellon/ Achona Online

How to Adjust to Daylight Savings Time Ending

Callie Mellon, Sophomore Staff Writer
November 13, 2017
Chance the Rapper is not signed to a record label, so he makes money off of his merchandise and ticket sales. Photo Credit: Callie Mellon/ Achona Online

LDS Returns to Tampa

Callie Mellon, Sophomore Staff Writer
November 8, 2017
Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime are great places to watch old TV shows. Photo Credit: Callie Mellon/ Achona Online

TV Shows That Have Been Forgotten

Callie Mellon, Sophomore Staff Writer
October 30, 2017
Candy corn is been wildly popular; nearly 35 million pounds of candy corn are produced each year. 
Photo Credit: Callie Mellon/ AchonaOnline

Treats to Make for Halloween

Callie Mellon, Sophomore Staff Writer
October 25, 2017
Load More Stories
Activate Search
Callie Mellon